Part of the Wormtown Fleet Project

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

29 Minute Taxes- And A Blimp

Well, it certainly was an interesting commute home today!

In the very short time I've been doing this, I've already started to notice things that I might not have otherwise. For example, this sign, which I have driven past hundreds of times without actually reading...

(Click to enlarge)

Is it just me, or does the concept of having your taxes done in 29 minutes or less seem a little...off? It's not a pizza, after all. If it takes 31 minutes or 42 minutes or an hour and a half, it's really going to be fine as long as it's done properly. Take your time, tax guy. Seriously.

Anyway...

I thought I might be done shooting for the day, but it turns out I was not, because right now the MetLife blimp is blimping its merry way around Main South.

I first saw it when I was on Stafford St., by the CVS...

(Click to enlarge)

My iPhone doesn't do a great job with long distances, so when I saw it pop out again I pulled over at the Hess in Webster Square...

(Click to enlarge)

Then I tried a digital zoom shot, but unfortunately the iPhone isn't great at that either...
(Click to enlarge)

Finally, I caught a close look at it on Main St. near the Tedeschi...

(Click to enlarge)

Success!

I'm guessing that this was somehow related to the Worcester Tornadoes "Bark in the Park" promotion at Fitton Field tonight, since that's the area it seems to be hovering over. A quick look at the Tornadoes website confirms this...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the research!
    We saw the blimp as well, but only at a distance.
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also saw the blimp. It's not something you normally see in Worcester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto the blimp siting! It disappeared too fast for me to get a good view so thanks!

    ReplyDelete