Part of the Wormtown Fleet Project

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Out and About in October: A Round-Up

I haven't been posting here as much as I wanted to. This is in part because I've just been busy, but also because I've allowed myself to become to attached to the idea of doing bigger, more involved posts, and so I wind up holding content until I feel like I have time to write adequately about it.

Well, this is an attempt to break that habit. Here's three shots from three separate events, all seen in Worcester (except the middle one, which was actually seen in Orange).


First, I'm proud to say that today was declared Worcester World Cup Day in a proclamation from Mayor O'Brien! This is a pre-official shot, because I had to get into the photo. Thank you to the Mayor and Council for recognizing the tournament, and congratulations to the champions Iran (men's) and Colombia (women's)!



This is one of many shots I took at the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival in Orange, MA. Hey, it's in Worcester County, right? I'd love to do a whole post just on the festival, I just simply don't have time. Suffice to say, it's an awesome event filled with delicious garlicky foods and great music. This guy cracked me up, he was doing a talk on charcoal. I loved that he was just lounging on the ground, I loved the hand-made sign, I loved everything about this guy...



This shot is from the Welcome to Worcester Festival, which was held downtown on Saturday. I love to talk about all the good things happening in this city, but I have to say...this event was not very good. Didn't seem very well thought out, and didn't seem to attract its intended audience, which was presumably new students. Front Street was closed and turned into a skate park, though, so all was not lost...


That's it for now! I promise to be better about updating, and my Reader's Choice trip to Greendale trip WILL happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment